Monday, April 18, 2011

The Royal Wedding




The Royal Wedding
it will
 soon be here, I must
iron my ribbon and curl up my hair
I must shine my waders
Yes, whiten my wings
I must be ready when
Winsminster Abbey church bells ring...
out the arrival of all
 the fine quests
 the Queen, Charles and Harry
all arriving with that
 Camille (family mess)

But not to worry
or not to pout
because there is love in the air
that London will shout
that will
light up all England
and all the Queensland's
when Prince William takes Kate
as his beautiful bride in
marriage and fair hand

bkmackenzie
copyrighted 2011

7 comments:

  1. Oooo the royal wedding. And how nicely you "married" the current events into this prompt. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is fabulous! Wonderful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A topical duck! Love it! Still smiling here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an enticing poem! You finally got me interested!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely one - Reads like a nice nursery rhyme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love "and whiten my wings." A very nice surprise.Thanks, friend.
    t

    ReplyDelete

We Beary Much Love your thoughts and comments....Please Visit us here again....