Thursday, September 16, 2010

Up Up Away -The Big Bubble



Up, Up away she went, Greta she did go
she blew the biggest bubble..but she did not know
that the wind would come a calling and sweep her well away
over the hills and mountains and across the inland bay

Up, Up away she went, we all still wonder where
because she has not been seen since then, since she flew across the air
when we all waved good-bye and yelled "Greta, please do, do write."
but that has been some years now, tho' we still all have hope she might...

bkmackenzie
2010

Posted for Monday's Child #12
and Alphabe-thursday....letter B

18 comments:

  1. I hope she writes too. It would be wonderful to know where the bubble took her. Have a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fanciful poem....your blog with bear pics remainds me of godilocks and the 3 bears..lol...I like your blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is she still floating to a far away land?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great poem! It reminds me of something Shel Silverstein would write. I hope you do get a note soon and let us know of her adventures!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful poetic link to Alphabe-Thursday!

    Have you entered any of this poetry at the Smories site? They do so much rhyming work and yours is really excellent!

    I greatly enjoyed this beautiful flight through imagination!

    Thank you for linking it.

    A+

    PS. Who is the illustrator?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet. Well written I think my grandchildren would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the verse with the picture. It would make a perfect springboard for a child's imagination - asking them what they thought her adventures were. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my child's worst nightmares. I will have to show this to her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun, and a perfect picture to accompany your clever words!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked your colorful illustration to a beautiful story . I agree with the others . GET PUBLISHED!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe, I suspect it didn't end so well for her! Really cute picture and poem!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet post. And yeah, about getting these published...

    ReplyDelete
  13. My little Hailey would just LOVE this

    ReplyDelete
  14. HaHa!! so very delightful!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

We Beary Much Love your thoughts and comments....Please Visit us here again....