Saturday, October 23, 2010

Kitty Bed Time -Monday's Child #17


Illusration by: Miriam Dixon Vintage

The rain began to fall outside
MaMa called to her kittens "Come in"
"You are getting chilled and wet,
from your tails to your tiny little chins"

"Now get inside the house
and I will lick you clean and dry
and scurry you off to bed
and sing you a sweet lullaby"

"Tomorrow will bring more lessons
on catching mice and climbing trees
but now is the time to say our blessings
and give thanks on bended knee"

bkmackenzie
copyrighted 2010

Posted for Monday's Child - come on over and join us...



3 comments:

  1. mother's love is the best and unconditional love.
    beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realise you wrote yours here! I shall make sure I visit in future, I just loved this, and especially ... from your tails to your tiny little chins ... wonderful :o)

    ReplyDelete

We Beary Much Love your thoughts and comments....Please Visit us here again....