Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Pie


Illustration: Blanche Fisher Wright

Mother will you teach me
to make a Christmas Pie
Soon the season will be upon us
and I would like to try
to make, and bake
the sweetest Christmas
that anyone has seen
I am much older now
you can show me how to begin

I want to be your helper
with all the Christmas needs
the cooking and the shopping
the cleaning and the tree
I know I have much to learn
and willing to stand by
and listen as you teach me
 to make a beautiful, Christmas Pie...

bkmackenzie
2010

7 comments:

  1. this was beautifully done! I suppose the season is upon us!
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem has the right olde-worlde feeling about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, sweet, sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love these poems. My youngest daughter asks me to read them to her. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all, and Margaret I am so happy that you and your daughter enjoy reading them together....it makes me really happy....bkm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yes. Come on over. You can be my helper any time!

    ReplyDelete

We Beary Much Love your thoughts and comments....Please Visit us here again....